Hi, could do with some advice from more knowledgeable ebayers. I sold an item of white goods last week. Lots of bidders;one kept outbidding the others and won the auction. Sent an invoice next morning, followed up with an email 2 days later, still no reply although winning bidder is selling other items and requests quick collection of his items.
After four days and still no contact, I opened an unpaid item case. Today, have had a cross email from buyer, saying this would affect his ratings, that it was too snowy to pick up (lives in London, no snow problems for days?) but had made no contact at all. Now saying has to wait for someone to get back from somewhere before can pick up goods. Despite my buyer requirements being set to tightest available, buyer has negative feedback on last few transactions, positive before that and there are a few statements on current items being sold that my instincts say are odd. Also has similar item for sale, but not same.
Sounds wimpy but not sure I want to give out my address after rude quite aggressive email. Should I reply to the email? EBay advice seems to be do nothing, let case run, ignore email and close case.
What is the best thing to do to avoid negative feedback, as have 100%· Were other high bidders so may be able to do second chance offer? Did I do the right thing, Don' t want to treat people unfairly. All advice really welcome as I feel a bit sad as have met some lovely ebayers. Just want to get it right, sorry about long post.
If he has recently had some neg feedback, then don't worry too much if he negs you. If the rest of your feeback is ok then one neg never bothers me. What I do do, though is check the feedback of the person giving the neg, and often you find they have a lot. So anyone else checking your feedback would soon work out that you are lovely and he is a knob.
I'd let it run, don't chase him up. If its already over a week, then if he DOES come back to you and say he wants to pick it up, say that you could not hold on to the item indefintely and have sold it to someone else.
Can you contact the next highest bidder and let them come and get it?
Thanks for your quick replies. Fergoose, I will do all the things you have outlined. Just a couple of small queries: do I block the buyer now or do I have to wait until the case is closed? Also what happens if he pays by PayPal before the case is closed although listing stated cash on collection only - I reverse the transaction? Presumably if I block him now he can' t pay by PayPal? Case opened last night as that was four days after end of auction.
Flibbertyjibbet, great idea to check the feedback of neg giver, wouldn't have thought of that. Really need to get rid of this item as it's blocking my dining room!! Help much appreciated as I' m learning loads
Sorry, back for more advice. Blocked the buyer but he has just paid by paypal. From previous advice, I need to refund. Not sure how to do this but am sure it is in onee of the other threads on here.Then what happens? Paypal have closed the case as he has paid. Really don't want him to come to pick it up due to unpleasant email. What next?