Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Unpaid item

(6 Posts)
Prizepudding Mon 17-Dec-12 14:27:35

Fairly new to eBay and I have my first unpaid item. It is nearly four days past the item ended and still have not had payment and have sent another invoice plus a friendly message to pay up. What do I do now? I know you can open a case to get fees back, how do I do this or can I go for second chance offer and if so, how long to wait for the first buyer to respond. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 17-Dec-12 14:34:53

Open a non-paying bidder case. You can files these 4 days after the auction has finished.
If they don't pay within 4 days of opening the case, eBay will refund your FVF and put a non-payment strike on the bidder's account.
Once this is done you can do the second chance thing.
here's how you go about opening a case

unexpectediteminbaggingarea Mon 17-Dec-12 14:35:52

I think you can open a case after 4 days, so you can do what you want now. looks like she changed her mind. ebay will just take the money from her paypal if you open the case and you don't hear anything from her. Or you can reoffer it but I'm not sure how to get the fees back.

by buying it she entered into a contract so I am all for opening a case. She may have just forgotten to check her ebay and has every intention of paying (I have done this before blush

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 17-Dec-12 14:38:45

Unexpected - eBay will NOT just take the money from her Paypal!

They will remind her that she needs to pay. If she chooses not to or doesn't respond then you will get your FVF back.

unexpectediteminbaggingarea Mon 17-Dec-12 14:52:18

I had an unpaid item and no responses from the buyer, I opened a dispute after about a week. Ebay got no reply from her either and they credited my paypal account with the full sale price. I assumed they took it from her account, but maybe they just gave me the money out of the goodness of their heart.

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 17-Dec-12 22:31:22

Nope. The buyer must have decided to pay up. No idea why they didn't contact you but some buyers are just weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now