Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay rip off?

(12 Posts)
Guendaline Wed 12-Dec-12 20:12:28

Has anyone else noticed that if you list on "free listing" days but then revise the item (e.g. add a postage service) eBay then charges you for the full
listing price? This happens even if you revise on free listing day and before the ad has gone live (because you were scheduling the ad to start later).
angry

vj32 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:15:38

I don't really understand what you mean - I have never paid to alter a free listing - but you do pay to schedule an item to start later.

BillyBollyBrandy Wed 12-Dec-12 20:17:21

They don't charge to alter an item if it is one of your free "100" listings a month.

But I thought they charge to list an item at a later time?

Guendaline Wed 12-Dec-12 20:27:22

Sorry I'll explain better.
I listed a pram on Saturday and it was free to do so because it was a free listing day. I scheduled it to start in the evening and the total cost was going to be £0.06 for the scheduled listing. After 10 minutes I realised I hadn't put "free local pickup" so I revised the listing when it hadn't even gone live yet and in the confirmation page it said the listing was now going to cost £1.34! Isn't that a bit of a rip off?

fergoose Wed 12-Dec-12 20:42:53

but were you actually charged that £1.34 - have you checked in your account?

Guendaline Wed 12-Dec-12 21:02:27

It said the listing was going to cost £1.34. It's happened before when listing from eBay mobile too: once you revise, you get charged the listing fee + all the extras!

fergoose Wed 12-Dec-12 21:22:12

yes but were you actually billed that in your ebay account - have you actually looked at your bill

Guendaline Wed 12-Dec-12 21:24:28

In all honesty I haven't looked at the bill yet. It said the cost at the bottom if the page, when I revised.

fergoose Wed 12-Dec-12 21:33:50

well check on your bill in my account and if you have been charged speak to ebay live chat

look here

cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewAccount&acctpagetype=0&sortOrder=1&endmonth=&endday=&endyear=&TabSelected=Fees&cid=003&sinceLastInvoice=1&startDate=&endDate=&dateFormat=&daysback=-1

Guendaline Wed 12-Dec-12 21:49:24

Thanks for the link. Yes the listing fee is there! Unbelievable!

fergoose Wed 12-Dec-12 22:03:47

so go to ebay live chat and they will advise - is it a fee for extra photos or is it the listing fee itself?

CaptainKirksNipples Wed 12-Dec-12 22:07:08

Not sure about the free listing weekends, they still charge for extra photos and details. I have gone over my 100 free 99p listings so on a free listing weekend I need to start my items above £1 or I get charged... weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now