Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Selling 13 yr old Karen Millen suit good condition

(5 Posts)
Bakingnovice Wed 12-Dec-12 12:13:17

Hi. I am hoping to raise some cash selling a lovely vintage (old) Karen Millen suit size 12. It's in excellent condition and though old its only been worn a few times. I'm an excellent buyer on eBay but too terrified to sell. Can anyone tell me if this kind of thing sells on eBay? Do I need to list exact measurements? Also is there a free listing day any time soon. Any other tips would be useful! I'm trying to sell things I've been meaning to sell for years! Thanks in advance.

LineRunner Wed 12-Dec-12 17:39:08

Baking When I first started selling I started with relatively low cost items and worked my way up to selling 'the good stuff'!

With clothes, yes the more measurements you give the better, especially: bust, waist, hips, length. Also describe what's the label exactly, as well as giving the measurements in case the sizing is over- or under-generous.

Good photographs are a must. Use words that would draw you in as a buyer - 'designer', 'vintage', 'retro', 'very good condition' etc. Put the make, size and type of item in the main description line. Check all zips and buttons!

Bakingnovice Wed 12-Dec-12 17:58:40

Thank you line runner. I'll try put some kids clothes up first. Good idea. Are there any free listings coming up?

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Dec-12 18:05:06

There was free listing last weekend, so it might be a few weeks before there is another one. There tends to be at least one a month. That said, they can be very difficult to predict before eBay announces them!

I second using good photos, giving exact measurements of everything possible, and checking everything is in good condition. Then follow the eBay terms to the letter when posting, and make sure you use the right postal service. It should be no hassle.

fergoose Wed 12-Dec-12 18:09:08

end your listings in the evening, I find Mon or Tues nights best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now