Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants refund after 45 days - what should I do??!

(3 Posts)
mrsbounce Tue 11-Dec-12 11:50:53

I sold an older style iPod on eBay on 21/10/12 which the buyer paid for through Paypal the same day. This was well over 45 days ago. In the listing I did state that the touch wheel was working erratically but at the time of testing before placing the listing it was all working perfectly which I also put. The buyer gave positive feedback very quickly say really pleased with item. He has contacted me via eBay today to say that from day 1, it has needed charging everyday, since then the buttons haven't worked properly, now he can't update it on itunes which says ipod is corrupt. Says he had a problem with updating it before but sorted in the end. He now wants a refund.

It was tested before as I stated in the listing but I have to admit, I didn't think to see how long it held it's charge but I suppose that just shows up more when actually using it which I was not. Had he contacted me within the normal 45 days about this alone, I would have refunded without question but as it was so long ago, I am not sure where either of us stand. Obviously, it is an older piece of equipment but I certainly would not have sold it on without pointing out any potential or existing known problems. I also don't want to be seen as a seller who washes their hands of a problem the minute I can - I do want people to be happy with their purchase but bit stuck on this one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

fergoose Tue 11-Dec-12 12:20:40

nothing in short - they are too late

mrsbounce Tue 11-Dec-12 14:33:08

Thanks Fergoose - thought it was but worried there might be some sort of loophole! Have politely advised them of this!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: