Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Parcel sent to Argentina not arrived - what do I do?

(3 Posts)
bryonywhisker Mon 19-Nov-12 07:25:18

I sent some curtains (2.99 winning bid) to Argentina on 22 October. Post was £15. They have not arrived. They were sent standard small packets Airmail.
Should the purchaser open an eBay case and then go from there?
Am I ever going to get my money back ?!

sarahtigh Mon 19-Nov-12 10:12:38

if not sent tracked you will have to refund,

international parcels are not considered lost until 25 working days ( ie 5 weeks)

if buyer opens non arrival case they will always win unless tracking proves otherwise you can claim from royal mail after 25 days, you can download form from their website hope you have proof of posting if you don't you can't claim

I am as business seller not generally an advocate of sending low value items like this signed for, however I do send everything to central/ south america and asia signed for all the time, it costs £5.15 extra which is PITA

other countries such as USA canada Germany the postal service is reliable and I apply same rules as here low value without tracking, higher value with

bryonywhisker Mon 19-Nov-12 10:55:59

thank you Sarah, that is really helpful advice, much appreciated.
I do have proof of posting, I don't normally send to South America, I don't know why I did.

It's only my 2nd refund in 13 years so can't complain I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now