Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Having both private and business ebay accounts

(5 Posts)
Colliecollie Fri 09-Nov-12 11:05:59

Can you buy on the private account and sell the same items on the business account? It would be fairly obvious to ebay that they are the same items, is this allowed?

Also is it better to have separate paypal accounts and separate bank accounts behind these? (would I need to open a business bank account for the business paypal?)

Any help most appreciated.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 11:29:05

I would have thought if you were buying to sell you need to do it on a business account - surely otherwise it is all confusing?

Colliecollie Fri 09-Nov-12 13:38:05

Yes. I think I will keep a private account for my own stuff and start a business account for the trading. I only thought it would be better for buyers not to see how much I paid for stuff. Thanks.

Do people normally have separate paypals - one for each account if they have both?

sarahtigh Fri 09-Nov-12 16:59:49

you do not need separate paypal accounts I have business and personal account i buy bubblewrap mailing bags etc with business acount and sell there but I buy and sell stuff for DD or xmas peresents on private account, I can see if you are buying on ebay to sell on ebay you might not want same account but you could have completely private account for household stuff, another one for buying things to sell and a third for selling and buying packing materials but it will get very confusing for inland revenue accounts if you mix the two

Colliecollie Sat 10-Nov-12 09:06:17

Thanks Sarah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now