Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm irrationally cross

(6 Posts)
nancerama Fri 09-Nov-12 10:38:34

About a month ago I bought a push along wooden toy from eBay. It arrived and was faulty - the wheels were wonky which meant it wouldn't push along.

I contacted the store and they offered to send a replacement if I returned the broken one. I returned it and they claim to have sent a replacement. The replacement never arrived, so they promised to send me an alternative item. That never arrived either. The birthday the toy was intended for arrived and went. Eventually I received a refund.

When leaving feedback I left neutral feedback, which I feel was more than generous, and only deserved because I wasn't out of pocket.

I've received a message from the seller this week asking me to remove the feedback as I'm "damaging their small business". I know I should delete and ignore, but I'm really annoyed - my feedback was factual and if they hadn't sent me a broken item in the first place everything else would have been avoided. I'd love to go back and give them negative feedback now given this behaviour.

MrsCantSayAnything Fri 09-Nov-12 11:33:49

Send her a message back telling her she's lucky it was neutral not negative...tell her you wont be removing it and the only person damaging her business is her by harassing you.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 11:35:50

well feedback is your opinion of the transaction isn't it - why should they try and make you feel guilty for their mistake

I agree, lucky you didn't leave a neg

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 12:35:00

I agree with the others and would sent what mrscant said!

nancerama Fri 09-Nov-12 16:24:59

My first reaction was to send just such an email, but I wondered if I was being ridiculous and should just leave it.

LordFocus Fri 09-Nov-12 18:32:24

From their point of view they are just trying their luck and they have nothing to lose by asking you. It's worth it to them to ask even if they can see your point. I would leave it there as the satisfaction score is there for a reason. Don't be mad with them. Ignore and move on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now