Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller changed her mind about collection.

(13 Posts)
InABloodyRut Fri 09-Nov-12 10:15:07

I saw a coat, and as it was quite local I asked the seller, if I won, could I collect. She said yes, not a problem, so I bid on the coat and a couple of other items.

I didn't win the coat but won one of the other items and I am the highest bidder of another.

I messaged her to ask if I could leave collection until the other auction had finished. This is her reply...

Hi xxxxxxxxxx,

To be honest I didn't mind collection of the coat as I had priced it quite high and was satisfied it was worth it, with these items because I started them at 99p i added an extra £1 each onto the postage just to make sure I got what they were worth and if the buyer was hapy to pay that it was their choice.
I would for this reason prefer to post them to you, I hope this will be ok

Now this has made me a tad cross!!!

Can anyone help me fashion a response please.

Is she even allowed to do this?!

InABloodyRut Fri 09-Nov-12 10:15:47

And I only bid on the other two items because I was collecting, as no way would I pay almost £5 just in postage for a pair of jeans!

MorrisZapp Fri 09-Nov-12 10:19:00

According to the rules, she is in the wrong as you're not allowed to overcharge for postage.

However, if she's going to end up flogging stuff for 99p then I don't blame her for wanting to claw some value back. It's up to you if you want to bid. Presumably none of her auctions give pick up as an option, so you can't reasonably demand it.

InABloodyRut Fri 09-Nov-12 10:21:05

She'd already said I could collect before I bid on them, and now she's gone back on it.

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 10:22:09

Its fee avoidance and against the rules to add postage on to items for gain. If she wants to list them at more then 99p she either pays the fees to list them or takes advantage of free listings weekends where you can start your items at good price fee free.

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 10:22:50

How much do you want the items?

InABloodyRut Fri 09-Nov-12 10:24:37

Not enough to pay almost £10 postage for a top and a pair of jeans!

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 10:29:00

well you can't force her to sell, but keep her email and you can report her as a non performing seller

she is not allowed to make profit on the p&p - if she wanted more money for the items she should have started them at a higher price. She is avoiding fees which is not allowed on ebay. So she can be reported for that too.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 10:29:28

Also if you win 3 items you can leave her 3 negs, but do it 8 days apart and they will count as 3 instead of just 1

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 10:37:04

But if OP doesnt pay for them then she cant leave negative can she?

InABloodyRut Fri 09-Nov-12 13:49:12

Well, I messaged her asking to cancel the transaction, and that if she couldn't I'd email eBay to find out how I do this and got this reply, so glad I didn't collect in the end!

''I will do so yes, I like how you went streight to ebay to do this, nice way to put it clawing money back when really all you wanted was some cheap stuff to probably sell on yourself.

Thanks for wasteing my time smile''

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 14:10:11

wow - what a horrid seller!

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 14:43:31

Let her cancel transaction.

Then reply

thanks for you message. I was in the middle of deciding whether to report you for fee avoidance due to your admitting you inflate postage for gain. Your lastest message has helped me come to a decision on this.

Then BLOCK HER!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now