Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What is happening with eBay -snipers?

(8 Posts)
Staryeyed Fri 09-Nov-12 08:48:21

I buy a lot from eBay and over the years have got really decent bargains by slapping in a bid last minute. This last month or so I have won just one item after bidding on about 100. It's getting really frustrating. There also seems to be less stuff available (kids clothes). Should I get a sniper? I have never used one before and don't know what to look for? Do you use them? Does it work for you?

VintageRainBoots Fri 09-Nov-12 08:51:43

I've used Auction Sniper before and it works fine (no complaints), but I only use it for items I absolutely must have. For items I only want, I just put in my highest possible bid and hope for the best.

tethersend Fri 09-Nov-12 08:55:21

I use a sniper all the time.

Am looking for vintage rain boots at the moment wink

Louboo2245 Fri 09-Nov-12 08:59:41

What's a sniper, and where do i get one? I've been having the same problem OP.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 09:17:27

Goofbid is meant to be good.

80sbabe Fri 09-Nov-12 23:46:16

I have used Goofbid and find it quite successful.
Best if you bid odd amounts so £10.76 would generally work better than £10 or £10.50 .
I usually place my maximum and set it to bid at either 3 or 5 seconds left.

izzywizzyisbizzy Fri 09-Nov-12 23:48:06

auction stealer here, been using it for years with no problems and lots of success

isislondon Sun 23-Feb-14 17:39:36

I use auctionsniper but just snipe is free & goodbid. Also recommend the extra amounts like £10.76 instead of £10 because if someone else does a max bid of £10 & you do the same eBay lets the one who bid £10 as max 1st win but if your max bid is £10.76 you win.

Saved loads with snipers. It's not that bad for sellers either as everyone bids who wanted to, & it may be a fight out between snipers & live bidders in the last few seconds. It's easy to forget to bid without a sniper programme. Also you don't overpay for things you just pay as much as you can afford

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now