Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay needs to sod right off !

(21 Posts)
XandaPanda Thu 08-Nov-12 21:34:40

I have done a lot of selling buying with ebay/paypal this week and now they have decided this is 'suspicious activity' ( i could swear that is what they are for) Anyway my reason for doing the selling/buying is i have had a huge clear out and the buying is because it is my sons birthday this saturday.
My Ebay account has been closed and says i am no longer a registered user.
Paypal have had me jumping through all sorts of hoops which i have willingly done and now paypal are in the process of closing my account down.
The money i had in Paypal (Just over £200) which i were in the process of withdrawing (it was pending,would of been in my account tomorrow) .
this was all the money that i had, i have nothing and it is my sons birthday this saturday and i dont get paid for another 2 weeks and i dont have anything for him.
Does anybody know if i can rectify either of these Please ??
I Had great feedback (160) so i were not a new user .....
SUrely they cant just keep my money ??

picnicbasketcase Thu 08-Nov-12 21:35:54

What?? Surely they can't just decide you're using it too much and close your account? That's bloody awful angry

mummmsy Thu 08-Nov-12 21:37:14

this happened to my other half in similar legitimate circumstances. they asked that he provided receipts for all the stuff he was selling, which he obviously couldn't do, they held on to about a grand belonging to him for about 8months

was all just his stuff

not much help, but so, so frustrating for you - good luck getting it sorted out

blue2 Thu 08-Nov-12 21:39:07

Xanda

I opened a new ebay and Paypal account a few months ago, and they froze the Paypal account when a measly £5.20 went into it from my first sale!

They only unfroze it after about 3 weeks. Its a good thing I didn't need the money.

I would shout and stamp and see what they do.

I'm sure someone here will give you a better answer, but I agree - its totally unreasonable.

Good Luck

XandaPanda Thu 08-Nov-12 21:40:46

I have rung them twice (paypal) and i have sent them every bit of id i had but they are wanting receipts for items and i just dont have them .
My sons birthday is ruined because of the twats sad

Snog Fri 09-Nov-12 07:15:11

This is a common story, eBay are a bunch of piss takers now
Make a fuss, it's your money
Very sorry to hear you are having so much grief
I won't sell on eBay anymore, they are trying to get rid of private sellers

dotnet Fri 09-Nov-12 08:17:03

That is SO upsetting - I'd be beside myself. Bizarre.
Only thing I can suggest is, your proofs of posting are receipts - sort of - aren't they? You could photocopy them all on one page and post them off.
Doesn't help your immediate situation though. I wonder if Fergoose, who knows a lot about Ebay, can advise on this one.
So sorry they've been so unfair. Horrible.

dotnet Fri 09-Nov-12 08:18:05

That is SO upsetting - I'd be beside myself. Bizarre.
Only thing I can suggest is, your proofs of posting are receipts - sort of - aren't they? You could photocopy them all on one page and post them off.
Doesn't help your immediate situation though. I wonder if Fergoose, who knows a lot about Ebay, can advise on this one.
So sorry they've been so unfair. Horrible.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 08:38:48

As far as I know all you can do is send them all they are asking for. I have heard of this happening and folk waiting months for their money. I would suggest going to the ebay community boards and starting your own thread there - lots of advice from folk who will have been through the same as you.

saintlyjimjams Fri 09-Nov-12 08:41:25

Receipts? For selling stuff you have turned out? That is ludicrous.

CagneyNLacey Fri 09-Nov-12 09:10:01

Oh that's very worrying. Think I will withdraw what I have in papal just in case as I am selling quite a bit of more than usual at the moment.

Sorry op, hope it's cleared up for you soon.

Chopstheduck Fri 09-Nov-12 09:13:43

This happened to me too. sad I was given absolutely no explanation, they just shut it down, and said they wouldn't be providing any information as to why or reviewing the situation. EBay really are tossers at times.

Is there any other way you can prove ownership? Bank/credit card statements?

typicalvirgo Fri 09-Nov-12 09:15:50

when you say 'a lot of buying and selling' how much do you mean exactly ?

Mirage Fri 09-Nov-12 09:38:36

This is very worrying.I've got no work at the minute and my only income is from stuff I've sold.If they did this to me,I'd be stuffed,I'm going to withdraw my funds today,and not let it build up any more.

ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 09-Nov-12 10:41:05

that's worrying. I'm off to empty my paypal account

XandaPanda Fri 09-Nov-12 10:58:36

Just spoke with them and they are not willing to review the matter, They have even refunded the people that i have posted stuff to and there is nothing i can do.
I sold my Ipad (that was purchased as a present so no receipt)
The phone i got when i upgraded last month
And just loads of toys etc .
They even cancelled the fridge/freezer i was selling because it was 'suspicious'
How on earth can a fridge/freezer be suspicious hmm

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 11:23:25

they refunded buyers who have had their items? You have proof of delivery for those items?

I think you need to go to the ebay community boards for help to be honest

XandaPanda Fri 09-Nov-12 16:25:57

What is the ebay community board ?

HalleLouja Fri 09-Nov-12 16:34:18

That sounds awful. Surely something can be done.

It does put you off ebaying.

fergoose Fri 09-Nov-12 17:07:40

at the top of ebay click on community - there are community board where other ebayers discuss and help each other with problems such as yours. A wealth of experience there.

XandaPanda Fri 09-Nov-12 18:20:24

Thanks just tried and i cant even post on there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now