Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item in awful condition but refund being held by Paypal

(4 Posts)
Figgyroll Thu 08-Nov-12 20:01:21

I bought a PS3 game for my DS2 which was described as "Brand New" - it cost in the region of £10. When it arrived it was in such dreadful condition we couldn't believe our eyes - scratches all over and huge smudges. Obviously it wouldn't play. I messaged the buyer within minutes saying how unhappy we were as well as disappointed. To her credit she organised a refund almost immediately.

That was on Tuesday but the refund is showing on my Paypal account as follows:-

Paypal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it.

Does anyone know what that means? I've never had to ask for a refund before so is this normal or is it an indication of something I should be worrying about?

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 20:05:32

bank transfer was the method of payment? They do hold refunds sometimes for a few hours, other times for 3 or 4 days in my experience - so frustrating for you I know, but nothing to worry about.

Figgyroll Thu 08-Nov-12 20:07:00

Thank you fergoose, it sounds like it's normal practice then and nothing to worry about.

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 20:08:36

yes it is - just flipping annoying smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: