Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

should i complain

(12 Posts)
uptherear Thu 08-Nov-12 09:11:17

I just bought a hand knitted jumper. Described as age 8-9 worn a few times but now outgrown.
I got it yesterday. I am a size 14 with a fairly large bust and broad shoulders... it fits me in the shoulders and sleeves but not length (think 80's crop top grin )
It was for my dd but it will never fit her...unless she only grows outwards and not up and develops unusually long arms.
There is no way this would ever fit a normally proportioned child.
Seller keeps mailing saying 'Hope you like it, please leave positive feedback'. I feel bad because i know how much work is in a handknit but would you ssy domething??

uptherear Thu 08-Nov-12 09:12:26

Argh sorry say something bloody phone

lljkk Thu 08-Nov-12 09:34:57

Did you pay less for it than it costs to post?

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 09:36:10

yes of course you should complain - why wouldn't you. it is not as described, and if the seller is awkward you can open a case with ebay for a refund. Plus being badgered for feedback is so annoying - it is voluntary and sellers shouldn't nag for you to leave it, they may receive feedback they didn't want.

uptherear Thu 08-Nov-12 09:38:17

Yes i did.
I dont want a refund and i dont want to return it because its not worth it. It cost a bit more than a ball of wool so i can unpick and use wool for craft stuff.
I wont be leaving positive feedback. Just the seller has emailed twice asking me to leave pos feedback.

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 09:48:19

well - the seller is very lucky you are so understanding - most buyers would not be as generous as you have been.

uptherear Thu 08-Nov-12 13:18:53

I have never been badgered for feedback before. I wondered if this was because she knew it was an odd shape!!

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 13:41:27

yes maybe she is worried - but then if she knew it was wrong she should have described it as such or not sold it at all

I am afraid being nagged to leave feedback is a huge bugbear of mine and it really irritates me. Daft I know, but I consider you are buying and selling goods not feedback. Lots of people never leave any - their choice and all that isn't it

lljkk Thu 08-Nov-12 14:08:43

If I disliked it I would probably ask for refund on purchase price but not on all of postage. That would seem fair to me.

fergoose Thu 08-Nov-12 15:14:23

well no - you are entitled to all of your money back, not just the item price

and a good seller will give you your return postage costs too if the item is not as described - but there is no way you can enforce this.

uptherear Thu 08-Nov-12 15:26:55

The item was 99p. I was the only bidder. Postage 2.99. Only because its just a few quid I dont know that its worth pursuing . I may let the seller know i wont be leaving feedback and give the reason why.

PostBellumBugsy Thu 08-Nov-12 15:34:00

If you are not bothered about returning it and asking for a refund, I think you should still tell her by a message that you are not happy with it and explain why.
Did she give the measurements? Perhaps you could suggest she does that in future to avoid confusion?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now