Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

One month after I paid and received item

(7 Posts)
insanityscratching Wed 07-Nov-12 22:34:33

Seller has contacted me to say I haven't paid. I have checked Paypal and my bank account and the transaction was completed on day auction ended and the money left my ban account four days later.
Seller sent item the day after auction ended and I left feedback saying I was happy.
Why would seller now dispute I had paid? Have advised them to contact Paypal or their bank but can't help besides that.
What will happen if seller still maintains I haven't paid?

Chaoscarriesonagain Wed 07-Nov-12 22:35:56

Open a dispute with PayPal! Hopefully it's just a case of misunderstanding and the seller isn't a fraud who is being a chancer!!

fergoose Wed 07-Nov-12 23:09:07

what email address did the payment go to - could it have been the wrong email. Are you able to cancel the payment in paypal - is it unclaimed?

But then why would the seller send the item if they hadn't had your money? Seems v odd.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 07-Nov-12 23:14:38

They are a bit dim for sending the item before confirming receipt of the money but it could have gone to the wrong email address. Ask them to check any other email addresses. I had this happen to me. Unfortunately I had forgotten the password to it and it was a hell of a job sorting it out!

that's no help at all

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 07-Nov-12 23:15:59

Or they've just clicked on the wrong item in their account.

Have you actually spoken to them?

insanityscratching Wed 07-Nov-12 23:18:38

It's been claimed so I can't cancel the transaction. The seller emailed after I had sent payment to check that it was the right address and posted the following day. They have 100% feedback but only 20 transactions and only a few sales. I have 100% feedback and 1800 transactions. I've always paid on time and never had any problems so can't imagine anything has gone wrong my end.I hope it's just a misunderstanding.

insanityscratching Wed 07-Nov-12 23:22:41

No not spoken to them only just had email from them. Checked Paypal and bank and emailed asking them to contact Paypal and their bank. Will speak to them tomorrow. They sold two coats on the same day so I'm hoping that it's the other buyer who didn't pay and I've been contacted by mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now