Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Below seller performance tripe. How to avoid

(7 Posts)
shattereddreams Wed 07-Nov-12 18:09:32

I'm actually on my 3rd or 4th eBay account.
Basically thy seem to restrict you after about a year on free listing weekend.

Your performance is deemed below standard.

I have excellent feedback bar a couple of crazy people.
I am perfectly reasonable on my description and postage.

Is there actually a way to not have to start again when eBay deem you below standard?

fergoose Wed 07-Nov-12 18:12:46

offer free postage if those stars are low - try and dispatch within 24 hours if possible is another good way I think.

Where are your stars low?

shattereddreams Wed 07-Nov-12 19:07:24

They aren't low. They are all on 5 stars but 121 them 121 and 118 and 117 postage.
That's the dumb thing. I do everything by the book. Communicate, post on time, check it's arrived. I am a good ebayer.

Snog Fri 09-Nov-12 07:17:16

They don't want your business is the answer

shattereddreams Fri 09-Nov-12 21:02:28

But I sell my children grown out clothes, unwanted presents, or non liked make up I bought type things.
I sell clothes I don't wear anymore and shoes too.
I have glowing feedback. How can I not be the right sort of ebayer?
Truly baffled.

saintlyjimjams Fri 09-Nov-12 21:38:46

It seems they just want trade sellers.

Which is insane. I used to sell (really cba anymore) but I would always prefer to buy from someone like you/us. So if I can't I won't bother going on there at all.

Snog Sat 10-Nov-12 05:12:16

Shattered dreams I'm sure you are a fab ebayer. All the fab ebayers are being hounded off the site in favour of businesses.
It sucks. I wish there was a decent competitor to move to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now