Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer thinks they can just change their mind - am I being too harsh

(4 Posts)
MicroTablet Wed 07-Nov-12 10:43:21

I am so sick of being dicked around by buyers you can't then leave negative feedback for.

i don't sell a lot on eBay, just the good quality clothes and toys my kids grow out of. I make it really clear on my item descriptions that only buyers prepared to pay promptly should bid and unpaid item cases will be opened for all non payers. I also state the packed weight and dimensions of toys so everyone has clear expectations and I ask international buyers to contact me for postage costs.

So, this time.......I have a winning bidder in Ireland who didn't contact me to ask for postage costs before bidding and who has now decided they don't want the item because it costs too much to post and they could buy it cheaper new locally. I have only added 20p to the actual postage cost to cover the packing materials so it's not as if I am charging over the odds.

I don't feel that it's my problem, they shouldn't have bid so much if they could buy cheaper new from a shop. So I have declined to cancel the order and will go down the unpaid item route much to the buyers dismay.

Am I being harsh or should I stick to my guns to make sure flaky buyers like this get the feedback/unpaid item strikes they deserve and stop messing everyone about?

queenofthepirates Wed 07-Nov-12 12:25:03

Please do add strikes, I definitely don't want them bidding on my stuff.

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Wed 07-Nov-12 12:26:18

go through the unpaid item route - the whole point of ebay is that you can't change your mind once you've bid and completed the sale

MrsZoidberg Wed 07-Nov-12 15:27:48

Definately the unpaid route - the couple of times I've done a mutual cancel they haven't agreed and I've lost fees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now