Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ordered from Amazon.com. How long does US to UK delivery take?

(6 Posts)
boogiewoogie Tue 06-Nov-12 13:19:54

I ordered a book and it was shipped straight away on the 25th October. I'm hoping that it will get here before Christmas but the ETA says 29/11/12 to 2/01/13 which seems rather long. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a customs charge as it is printed matter. What is your experience?

lljkk Tue 06-Nov-12 13:41:45

I would expect Airmail this time of year to be fairly fast, in 2 weeks it will be slow, in 5 weeks it will be horrendously slow.
What dispatch date have they given you?

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Tue 06-Nov-12 13:43:26

I have had second hand books via amazon from the US quite quickly, within a couple of weeks. They have generally been in better than expected condition compared to UK second hand books I have bought.

boogiewoogie Tue 06-Nov-12 13:46:02

llijk it was despatched on the 25th October and the estimated delivery date is 29th November to 2nd January.

lljkk Tue 06-Nov-12 14:18:20

Sorry, I should have read OP properly.
Dispatched from East or West coast, do you know?

Ime, dispatched this time of year from West coast would be 7-10 days, add on 2 days for arrival every week closer you get to Christmas.

They are covering themselves wildly with that date range, but unless they actually sent it surface mail, I would expect it to arrive within 10-14 days of shipment as worst case scenario.

boogiewoogie Tue 06-Nov-12 23:39:47

It's being sent from New York or at least, that is where the seller is based.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now