Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

New to selling, help!

(8 Posts)
OnwardBound Sat 03-Nov-12 21:51:34

I am trying to sell an item of furniture from ikea.

I was wanting to upload a picture of the item [as it is brand new, never used] from Ikea's own website. But on the selling page it only shows uploading photos... however I have seen other ebay ads with pictures from brand websites so how do you do this?

Secondly, I want to state pick up only. But the selling page say all listings must include a postal service and P&P cost. Do you just put none and no cost - I have seen listings where item is pick up only so there must be a way to do it but I can't see it!

Would be grateful for any help!

fergoose Sat 03-Nov-12 22:34:57

I think you should use your own photo - not just a stock photo from another site

Also don't take paypal for collection, cash only.

exoticfruits Sat 03-Nov-12 22:48:10

I would use your own photo- I wouldn't go for an Ikea one.
You can do pick up only - and I agree, if collecting ask for cash only.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Sat 03-Nov-12 22:49:20

From Ikea website, right click on the photo and save onto your PC, then you can upload as normal.

There should be a collect only option, sometimes there's a glitch and it doesn't show, so save it as is. Come out of it then go back into it and try again.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Sat 03-Nov-12 22:50:43

They can pay by Paypal if collecting as long as it is before they arrive to take it.

InABloodyRut Sat 03-Nov-12 22:53:22

Do not accept paypal if collection only, only for the fact that some people like to say they have not been to collect said item and get their money back!

fergoose Sat 03-Nov-12 22:55:27

yes never ever take paypal for collection - you could lose your item and your money.

exoticfruits Sat 03-Nov-12 22:55:59

If I was wanting to buy it I would want to see your own photo or I wouldn't bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now