Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why do buyers not pay!!?

(8 Posts)
TheDogsRolex Fri 02-Nov-12 14:42:24

I'm puzzled...why do people bid on an item and then not pay?

I've sold quite a bit on ebay over the years and only had it happen twice. Second time in the last fortnight. I checked out the buyer and they had quite a few positive feedbacks saying they never paid, avoid etc. Strange, thinks I.

So it appears a seller can't neg a buyer anymore....but they can happily take the piss. I don't get it...I always pay instantly for anything I buy...if I don't have the money, I don't bid.

Anyway, I opened a non paying case, what a ball ache that was. I find the new selling format hard to navigate...keep getting taken back to the homepage etc. Yet, with another item I listed, I was taken to the old selling format which seems to work great.

Another example of it if 'aint broke don't fix it. Grumble, grumble.

ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 02-Nov-12 15:49:47

I don't know but I sold a pair of trousers on 29th October and I'm still awaiting payment. Just sent the buyer a polite message but will be opening a case on Sunday if I dont hear from them

Mirage Fri 02-Nov-12 20:44:14

Yes,I've got another non payer.I'm getting about one a week at the minute.It's not as though the stuff I'm selling is pricey-it rarely goes beyond £5.This last one is for £2.99 ffs.

brightermornings Fri 02-Nov-12 20:46:11

I had the same. My non payer hadn't been on eBay long. I don't think she understood how it worked.

TheDogsRolex Fri 02-Nov-12 21:51:41

See I make allowances for that, if someone doesn't pay within 5 days I send an ebay invoice just in case they're unsure of how it works. No excuse after an invoice has been sent imo, the instructions are clear, it's a matter of clicks. (even I can manage that grin). I also sent a polite message before I opened the case.

My item was £7.00 in total mirage, not exactly a fortune is it!!

ontheedgeofwhatever Sun 04-Nov-12 16:09:02

I've just opened an unpaid item case for £2.80. I sent an invoice on the second day, a polite reminder on the forth day and today is the sixth day so have opened a case. Not heard a single thing from them. Its just irritating

Bongaloo Mon 05-Nov-12 08:42:44

I've just had the same and did the case thing.
But now I've looked at the buyers feedback, I've seen a few positives with the comment 'unpaid'.
Would that have been a better thing to do? Put a comment on their feedback to warn others rather than the case - as the fact they never paid for my item doesn't seem to come up anywhere.

fergoose Mon 05-Nov-12 09:21:29

no don't - you aren't allowed to leave a neg statement for a buyer. If you have opened and closed a case they will get a strike - and too many strikes means they can lose their account. And if you don't open a case you won't get your fees back either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now