Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Some questions from a newbie

(3 Posts)
OneTwoOrThree Fri 02-Nov-12 10:19:36

Hi

I've had an ebay account for a while and use it sporadically, however I'm about to start a massive clear out and plan to list loads of things (mainly kids clothes -but who knows what else I'll find when I start emptying cupboards, loft etc).

So, a few questions....
- Can I create a listing and 'save' it to post it later? I think I want my listings to end at the weekends to get more viewers, but want to create the listings as and when I find items to sell
- Are there limits on new accounts and the number of items you can sell at once? Do you know what the definition of 'new' is, and what the limits are?
- Is it worth buying a job lot of mailing bags, and if so is amazon the best place to get these?

Anything else I need to know?? Any other words of wisdom or unwritten ebay etiquette??

Thanks everyone

FrightRunScream Fri 02-Nov-12 10:26:10

1. You can set a listing to start at a particular time. It gives you the option when you do the listing. It costs 6p and just starts your listing automatically at tge given time. To avoid the 6p, set the start time weeks in advance, then when you want the listing to start, go back into "scheduled items" and change "start listing at this time" to "listing starts immediately".

2. Dunno

3. Mailing bags are invaluable. I buy mine from eBay!

OneTwoOrThree Fri 02-Nov-12 10:51:58

Of course - should have realised I'd get them on eBay! I see an addiction starting!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now