Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Not my eBay week

(10 Posts)
ChablisLover Thu 01-Nov-12 23:48:19

So I bought a pair of trousers and they were described as brand new

They arrived and have a very old dry cleaning tag attached

Have contacted the seller and she is insistent that they are new. My thought is how can they be with a dry cleaning tag attached.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel130690 Fri 02-Nov-12 10:55:34

Can you take photo and send it to her? Also you can open a not as described case, you may be able to get a partial (sp?) refund or complete refund if that's what you want.

ChablisLover Fri 02-Nov-12 15:38:38

Thanks

The trousers were only £3 but had been described as brand new and never worn
So it's more a matter of principle

FannyFifer Fri 02-Nov-12 15:41:12

Think I would just write it off to be honest, and leave negative feedback.

ChablisLover Fri 02-Nov-12 20:27:18

She's just emailed me to ask if I am happy

Dunno what to say.

Yes. I like the trousers but they will cost me £7 to dry clean

They are so clearly not new so the description is not correct

Oh what to do?

fergoose Fri 02-Nov-12 21:49:56

I would tell her and ask her what she is going to do to sort it out - they are not as described after all

ChablisLover Fri 02-Nov-12 22:06:27

Have emailed her and said not happy, they are clearly not brand new and I would hope to sort it out between us rather than opening a not as described case.

lljkk Sat 03-Nov-12 17:12:18

Why do you need to dry clean them again? Did they arrive dirty as well as bearing a tag?

It's a lot of trouble on your part out of "principle".

Tryharder Sun 04-Nov-12 13:58:58

Agree that you probably don't need to dry clean them unless they are dirty.

But the seller is taking the piss and while it may be the "principle" involved here, why should she be allowed to get away with blatantly lying. It's not like she described something as clean, good condition and then you found a small mark that she overlooked.

I would expect a substantial partial refund or you will open up a case against her. I wouldn't necessarily leave negative feedback though, depending on how she deals with your complaint.

ChablisLover Sun 04-Nov-12 18:09:59

She partially refunded me. So happy enough. She blatantly tried to lie. The trousers clearly were not brand new.

I always dry clean/ wash things I buy of eBay so that they are fresh and lose the old clothes smell. But dh says I'm just strange in this respect grinblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now