Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Limited edition Boden dress - what price?

(3 Posts)
teenyweenytadpole Thu 01-Nov-12 11:55:01

I, I bought a limited edition silk mix Boden dress at a sale (40 quid) and I love it but it's too big. I'd like to sell it, but it does not have the original tags on, only the buttons. What price do you reckon? It's no longer on their website so no idea of the RRP, but I'd like to at least get my purchase price back. Ta!

Havingkitties Thu 01-Nov-12 19:04:34

Have you had a look to see if there is anything similar on eBay that has sold, what price it went for and what it's starting price was?
To get the best maximum price for it then make sure you take some good pictures, list some measurements of it and make the most of of the title eg sold out limited edition boden dress and put in the listing that its sold out and hard to find. Also put the size, style of dress eg wrap dress and colour in the title as its all searchable and you want the maximum amount of people to find it.
If your confident that it will go for a good price say 40-50 plus then I would hedge your bets and start at 99p to get lots of interest and early bids. If your not too sure and maybe think you'll just get the one or two bidders then you could start at he price you want to achieve say £49.99 but then expect that it may not attract loads of interest, or you could do but it now for a bit higher with 'submit best offer' as everyone loves to knock a bit off to get a bargain.
Is it a winter style dress? As if its at all summery then wait till springtime to list to get a better price.

teenyweenytadpole Sat 03-Nov-12 09:51:55

Hiya thanks that's good advice, will get the camera and tape measure out today. It's a long sleeved tunic/dress so I think it will sell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now