Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Could I get some help please? Buyer not received item, i only have receipt as proof of postage... e

(3 Posts)
MrsNutkin Wed 31-Oct-12 21:00:27

Hi,

This has never happened to me before when selling, I sold a pair of trainers to a french buyer, they claim not to have received them and have opened a dispute with paypal. All I have is the receipt as proof of posting, do I have to refund, and if so does it have to be the full amount or just the cost of the item before postage costs?
Thanks.

littlebird3 Wed 31-Oct-12 21:08:51

You refund the full amount including postage then use your proof to claim the full amount back.you can get a claim form from post office & will need to print the web page showing the sold item. Royal mail won't refund until around 30 days after posting the item.if you sell to the same buyer again tell them you will only post signed for in case they are trying it on, ie getting the item & a refund.

MrsNutkin Wed 31-Oct-12 21:25:07

Thank you for your help, I had doubts sending overseas, have now changed settings so will only post within the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now