Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Sold an item but not as described

(5 Posts)
LaTrucha Mon 29-Oct-12 16:44:22

I just sold a relatively low cost item (£5.95 incl postage) and I've just realised it is a bit sun faded. I don't know why I didn't notice it when I photgraphed it. Should I just cancel the sale and explain, or offer a partial refund and send?

MrsHoarder Mon 29-Oct-12 16:56:26

Is the sun fade visible in the photograph?

If it is, then your seller has seen it (unless you described it as as new), of not then I'd email and explain, especially a postage is such a large proportion.

LaTrucha Mon 29-Oct-12 18:13:08

Well, you probably can thinking about it. I thought it was just the way the light was I suppose. I did describe it as excellent though and I wouldn't now.

queenofthepirates Mon 29-Oct-12 18:39:23

I would fess up to avoid any bad feeling. It's only fair and they might not be bothered.

LaTrucha Mon 29-Oct-12 18:41:31

I would certainly tell them. I just wondered if it would be better just to cancel the sale with an explanation, or to offer an explanation with a partial refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now