Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Selling DS games not sure about postage

(7 Posts)
FriedSprout Mon 29-Oct-12 00:34:48

Is it worth sending items that will be selling for under £10 first class recorded? - or do you think the extra p&p would put the majority of people off?

Large letter first class recorded is £2.15, but if it post office says small package is will be £2.70 - should I split the difference and call it £2.50?

Or should I send second class, not recorded to encourage bidders and just risk "item not received" and having to refund?

Thanks for any replies

bluefootedpenguin Mon 29-Oct-12 11:03:27

You could put in your advert that you always obtain proof of postage and will be happy to give this to the buyer if a claim is necessary. Or list several postage options so the buyer can choose. Remember some people will also claim they haven't received the goods when they have. BTW I think honest postage price of £2.70 won't put anyone off.

ByTheWay1 Mon 29-Oct-12 11:06:13

Selling DS games, I put the start price a bit higher (£3.00) and put second class postage as free- they always sell...

fergoose Mon 29-Oct-12 11:08:00

you must not state you will give the buyer the proof of postage to claim themselves! It is your responsibility as a seller to get the item to the buyer, and to claim if necessary

I would always recommend recorded - it is part of the paypal agreement after all, and it protects you from unscrupulous buyers.

FriedSprout Mon 29-Oct-12 12:00:49

Thanks everyone, will get on and hopefully shift the mountain very shortly grin

PurpleFrog Mon 29-Oct-12 15:53:30

I sold a lot of DS games earlier in the year and managed to send them all as large letter - in a "Mail Lite" padded envelope. [OK - I had to repackage one as it got crumpled in my bag and failed to pass through the slot at the PO.]

LineRunner Mon 29-Oct-12 16:14:27

What purple says. I recently sent a couple of DS games, £1.10 each postage inside a 20p padded envelope.

They arrived within a couple of days.

I get proof of postage, in case I need to claim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now