Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Countries to avoid shipping to?

(5 Posts)
ripsishere Sun 28-Oct-12 00:10:47

Total ebay novice here. Me and DH started to sell key rings (of all things) last week.
I have noticed that some sellers specify certain countries they won't ship to. One area in particular is South America, which I think is quite a sweeping blanket ban!
Anyone got any advice about countries where packages 'disappear'?

CaptainNancy Sun 28-Oct-12 00:14:06

Italy.

slalomsuki Sun 28-Oct-12 07:34:48

I've had problems with some of the former Eastern block countries in the past, particularly the Baltic states. I second the avoid Italy.

ripsishere Mon 29-Oct-12 00:07:47

Excellent advice. Thanks. The difficulty is trying to accrue reputation we've found. hence the free P+P worldwide, no exceptions. Although, given your posts, that's a few to exclude.
Onward and upward.

sarahtigh Fri 02-Nov-12 20:52:48

personally never had a problem with italy but tend to think it is communal entrance hall flats that are big problem no separate mail boxes

I send everything to south/central america and asia signed for whatever the value, rest of the world depends on value

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now