Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returned item by recorded but it's not been delivered - what next?

(3 Posts)
puddleofpiddle Thu 25-Oct-12 16:29:58

I've been having a nightmare with a seller who massively overcharged me on postage which ended up with me opening a dispute on eBay.
After a series of messages abck and forth I got one which I didn't read properly and assumed was an eBay decision on the case asking me to return one of the items for a full refund, which I did. I didn't realise until after I sent it that it was an official offer from the seller and was a bit annoyed as I would have preferred to keep the item and got a partial refund for postage.
I sent it back 1st class recorded on Monday and checked the post office website this afternoon and the packet is showing as not delivered. I've contacted the seller to ask if she's received it but she has been so rude and difficult throughout I'm a little worried the parcel will be returned to me in a couple of weeks having not been picked up from the sorting office and I still won't have a refund.
I'm goinjg to give it 24 hours to see if i hear back from the seller but what do I do if I don't hear anything? It's not a lot of money (less than a tenner) but I really just want the whole thing over now as it's been dragging on for more than 2 weeks.
Does anyone have any experience of this kind of situation?

fergoose Thu 25-Oct-12 17:07:01

well - even if there is an attempted delivery ebay should refund you. Have you opened a dispute and put the tracking info into the dispute. If you have opened a dispute you can escalate it on day 8, then ebay will tell you what to do.

If no joy from either the seller or ebay you can claim for a lost item via royal mail

call me cynical but many posties don't get a signature for recorded items, maybe the seller has received the item but with no proof of delivery the seller won't refund you.

Of course once over you can leave appropriate feedback and stars.

puddleofpiddle Fri 26-Oct-12 13:35:42

thanks fergoose, I sent her a message yesterday and heard back this morning that she had received it but that as I hadn't sent back both items she wouldn't be refunding me and she would escalate the case and would not be communicating with me any more shock shock shock
I escalated immediately and ebay refunded straight away so I got a good outcome in the end but I'm still reeling from how the seller has behaved!
I jumped the gun on feedback I'm afraid and left neutral once I'd posted the parcel back thinking it was all resolved blush had I waited the seller would definitely have deserved a neg...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now