Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collection only item - no contact from buyer

(4 Posts)
baabi Thu 25-Oct-12 13:43:02

Can anyone advise the best way to progress this please. Sold a fairly large wooden toy on a Collection only basis.
I was surprised that the buyer was from miles away but I have had before with no problems so just email the usual when would you like to collect message.
Had a response "sorry did not realise was collection only (even though it says so in the listing!), can not collect, I am new to ebay, etc". They only have 1 feedback so I said "no problem I could either cancel transaction or I could desmantle the toy and post it (expensive due to size and weight) and advised price of P&P".
However it has been 4 days and another 2 messages since and no response from the buyer and I am a bit unsure what to do. Do I send them an invoice with postage included and when they don't pay raise a non payment dispute or do I raise the dispute now even though was cash on collection? I want to relist the item but not sure what to do. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

dizzyday07 Thu 25-Oct-12 14:52:00

If you raise a Non Paying Bidder case you can close it in 4 days time and get your fees back

lljkk Sat 27-Oct-12 16:42:52

I agree with Dizzy, they are wasting your time.

Mirage Sat 27-Oct-12 19:14:58

I had exactly the same thing recently.The buyer isn't in Hull is she? I raised a case as I'd put collection only twice in the description,ran around in circles trying to sort out postage,sent a new invoice,only to never hear from her again.I got my fees back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now