Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Problem with ebay; think I'm being redirected towards identity theft!

(4 Posts)
Tamoo Wed 24-Oct-12 11:58:52

Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen or if it's just me confused

I was trying to buy from ebay this morning and subsequent to logging in was redirected to a page that said 'We suspect someone has tried to use your account fraudlently. Please fill in the boxes to the left in order to verify your details and unlock your account.'

Said boxes asked for everything, name, address, credit card number, CVC code, expiry date etc.

I tried clicking on the ebay logo at the top of this page and nothing happened. Also tried clicking on the 'Help' logo and similarly nothing happened.

I didn't fill out the boxes because of feeling suspicious that ebay would request all my personal details in one go like this, but do they? I had already logged in, after all.

I'm a bit wary atm because my computer shut down with a virus last week and I had to take it to an IT guy to be cleaned up. He fixed that problem but I'm now wondering if he missed something and there's some hacker somewhere waiting to steal my identity.

Can anyone advise?

fergoose Wed 24-Oct-12 12:02:14

run a scan, clear your cookies, do not under any circumstances fill in your details etc

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 24-Oct-12 12:27:30

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/securing-account.html

Tamoo Wed 24-Oct-12 12:54:09

Thanks, I've just spoken to ebay and it's nothing to do with them so definitely suspicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now