Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long do you leave it before opening a not received dispute?

(4 Posts)
DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 24-Oct-12 09:47:42

I won a baby outfit on the 6th October and paid the same day. Had no message from the seller and the item didn't arrive so I sent her a message on Saturday 20th asking when she would be able to post the parcel. She replied saying I would receive it over the next few days but it's still not here.

It was only 49p so not a lot of money, and £2.50 postage.

It's not been marked as dispatched yet.

Do I just wait or ask for a refund?

EdsRedeemingQualities Wed 24-Oct-12 09:50:38

Don't bother contacting her again. Just open a not received dispute through paypal.

Often it gives the seller the kick up the arse they need, otherwise it'll mean you get a refund quickly.

Too long already imo!

fergoose Wed 24-Oct-12 10:18:55

I normally wait a week, then if no reply to message get the dispute opened. You have been very patient. You have 45 days to open a dispute.

DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 24-Oct-12 15:26:14

Thank you both. I think I will give her until the end of the week for it to arrive before opening a case on Monday. I always feel sorry for people selling newborn clothes as I picture them to be like me - sleep deprived and overwhelmed. I am probably to soft though and she doesn't want to sell the outfit for 49p, I know I wouldn't be overjoyed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now