Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is it worth opening a grievance or is the seller right?

(5 Posts)
peacefuleasyfeeling Tue 23-Oct-12 22:08:09

I am wondering if someone can help me get a bit clearer on this one. I bought myself this year's winter boots on ebay last week, deciding to go second hand to save for the arrival of DC2. When they arrived this morning, I found myself sorely disappointed. Sure, they were listed in the Used section, and the seller did say they had been worn, but the picture showed a fairly smart looking pair of boots, which the seller described as "fab", "fantastic" and "great for dressing up". The boots I received were dirty, scuffed beyond belief and the heel leather had peeled and scraped off all around, revealing 5 cm of bare plastic heel, with torn fringes around the top of the heel. I could hardly believe it was the same pair of boots, but closer scrutiny of the photograph in the listing reveals that the seller has placed the boots with the heels out of view and in quite a strong back light, so none of the dirt or scuffs show.
I contacted the seller straight away and said how disappointed I was and how I felt the discription had been misleading, and that the boots could in effect be described as broken, asking if the seller would consider a return / refund.
The seller just replied that they didn't accept returns and that the boots had been listed as "Used" and "worn", and as far as they were concerned that was the end of the matter.
I am so cross about it; is it worth my while opening a grievance or dispute over it, or is this seller right and I should just suck it up?
What do you think?

Catsdontcare Tue 23-Oct-12 22:11:19

I would definitely open a dispute. Doesn't matter if a seller says they don't accept returns.

chipsandpeas Tue 23-Oct-12 22:12:11

i would open a not as described dispute

peacefuleasyfeeling Wed 24-Oct-12 16:14:19

Thanks for your feedback, I will do that. I was just surprised by the whole thing that I started to doubt what the right thing to do was. Thanks again.

FaffTastic Sun 28-Oct-12 04:36:02

Definatley open a 'not as described dispute'. Almost certain you'll get your money back judging my what you've stated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now