Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Free Listings weekends - Can I create the listing before the weekend?

(6 Posts)
Makingchanges Mon 22-Oct-12 10:41:47

Ok, I have sold a few things via ebay before but not much. I am having a major decluttering of the house and have loads of things that I would like to sell. I get the emails about free listings weekends but can I create the listing before the weekend and then activate it for the weekend of free listing or do they have to be created on the weekend. I have too many things to create and list on the actual weekend as it takes me too long to list them.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Mon 22-Oct-12 13:48:24

I think I have seen Fergoose say before, that if you create the listing for say 8pm sunday night and the send it to auction at 7.30 pm you wont be charged the 6p it normally costs to start at a certain time.
I am not sure though so probably best to wait for Fergoose smile

BlueberryHill Mon 22-Oct-12 14:02:51

Ooh I've done the scheduling thing suggested by Fergoose. When you set up the listing put it down for a scheduled time, a long way in advance and it includes the 6p in the fee. If you then edit it before the scheduled date and time and list immediately you don't get charged. Not sure how much in advance you need to do it. Its great.

Makingchanges Mon 22-Oct-12 16:54:24

Thanks that sounds better. I need to get quicker too though. I just take too long to put a listing together.

fudge74 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:18:39

I think martins money saving expert website promotes something called a turbo booster (?) where you can create your listings outside of ebay, then when the time comes you can get it to upload them for you. I've not tried them myself.
What I do at the moment is take all the pics in advance, and write all my titles and descriptions in a table in a word document, and include the weight of each item, my starting price, the postage cost etc. Then I can copy and paste into ebay when there are free listing slots.
HTH

PurpleFrog Tue 23-Oct-12 14:01:43

The scheduling "trick" is one of the most useful things I have learnt here! I am too disorganised to start writing listings in advance of a free-listing weekend, but it means that I can edit them throughout the weekend and make them all live on the Sunday evening.

Note that if you use turbo lister to create your listings you are not eligible for zero listing fees on a FLW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now