Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quick question on an item posted recorded but not received

(12 Posts)
jammybean Thu 18-Oct-12 09:13:16

I posted an item second class recorded on the 6th which hasn't arrived. If it doesn't arrive after 15 working what do I do? The buyer is already getting antsy and the status on RM is its 'in progress through the system' etc.

lljkk Thu 18-Oct-12 11:04:21

I end up grovelling with the buyer, delaying by one day each time to respond to their emails, etc. Just basically stalling.

fergoose Thu 18-Oct-12 11:30:32

you will have to refund and claim with royal mail - stalling will prob get you neg feedback. It may have been received and they didn't have to sign for it - you will probably never know.

jammybean Thu 18-Oct-12 11:46:39

Oh noooo....So I may be £80 quid down plus postage!

fergoose Thu 18-Oct-12 11:56:41

recorded only covers up to £46 - you should have sent it with more insurance to be covered, like special delivery or courier.

jammybean Thu 18-Oct-12 12:08:43

Thanks fergoose lesson learnt, the hard way!

fergoose Thu 18-Oct-12 12:38:52

oh dear sad

WiseKneeHair Thu 18-Oct-12 12:43:43

Hi
Can I do a quick hijack of the post? (Sorry OP)
I am a newbie buyer on ebay.
I have an item that was sent over 1 month ago that has not arrived. I have the tracking number which the seller gave me and it says it is still with Royal mail awaiting delivery.
The seller has told me I need to claim from royal mail, rather than her. From what has been said on this thread, should she refund me and deal with royal mail?
I would prefer this as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with them at the moment.

Thanks
WKH and sorry for the hijack

lljkk Thu 18-Oct-12 13:46:59

I think you need Proof of Posting, WiseKnee, which only seller has.
She could post PoP to you & you could pursue a claim, but she's being a bit pants, legally she's required to make sure it gets to you, not your problem if it's lost. Also, by accepting the parcel RM made a contract with her for delivery, so she has to pursue them for the broken contract.

I'd be stamping my feet & insisting on refund; it's annoying to claim but I've never had RM refuse a claim so just paperwork, nothing worse.

WiseKneeHair Thu 18-Oct-12 14:00:22

Thanks lljkk
I think I'll get her to refund me and let her chase RM.

fergoose Thu 18-Oct-12 14:19:42

yes seller has contract with the royal mail and they must claim not you.

sarahtigh Thu 18-Oct-12 22:48:24

if more than 15 days and was sent signed for raisestart claim with RM, in reality you can not make buyer wait 15 days, I think 7-10 days is the absolute max you can get away with for second class and I would think 5-7 days for first class

Wise knee raise dispute for item not received with ebay seller will have to refund whatever silly statement they put in conditions saying "I am not repsonsible for loss or damage in post but will provide assistance with claim" actually they just are responsible for getting it to you and in one piece if sent recorded they will get money back as will be in system as undelivered

recorded only upto £47 and note RM only pay what you paid for item not what it sold for so if you bought in charity shop for £5 and then sold for £55 RM only pay the £5 not the £55, RM getting fed up of ebay claims for missing parcels as quite a lost are suspect and are looking for more than invoice as proof of value, as the unscrupulous get mate to buy item at inflated price and then claim for inflated price off RM not true value

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now