Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Odd collection times?

(7 Posts)
kellestar Wed 17-Oct-12 20:25:03

I've contacted a seller as I've won an item to collect locally, it's just down the road, a 5 minute walk at best. But they are only available 9pm-11pm on week nights, no weekends, no daytimes. I can't do that late as the toddler will be in bed and DH isn't home for work. Explained this and they just reaffirmed their terms for collection.

I am thoroughly hacked off that they have listed an item as collect only but then give rather unusual times for collection. I've sold lots of things on collect only and made myself available at reasonable times after work and over the weekend for collections to be made.

The object... a baby gym... you know playmat with arches and toys to interact with. Posting wasn't an option, but they'd have to walk past my house to go to the village post office. I am to pay cash on collection.

Should I ask them to make an effort to offer a more convenient time to collect or should I just ask eBay to cancel transaction?

NickNacks Wed 17-Oct-12 20:27:31

Maybe they work late like your DH?

Can't he stop in and get it after work?

fergoose Wed 17-Oct-12 20:40:19

or could they drop it off or leave it out for you to collect? It does sound a bit obstructive of them

bookmuncher Sat 20-Oct-12 12:01:02

Did they advise you of these time before the auction finished? If so its a bit harder to state they are being unreasonable.

If not explain as its a baby item they are selling as you are buying it for a baby who will be in bed they are being unhelpful and therefore you would like to cancel the transaction.

Mirage Sat 20-Oct-12 15:15:39

If you both live in a village and it is a collection only item,they are very lucky to even get a buyer.I'd do whatbookmuncher suggested.

kellestar Sun 21-Oct-12 09:07:09

Finally mamaged to collect. DH's shift finishes at 4am at the moment so it wasn't possible for him to collect. Ended up getting a neighbour round to look after DD while I went and collected, first time I've had anyone else look after DD apart from close family.

HalleLouja Sun 21-Oct-12 10:30:06

I am sure your DD was fine Kellestar. You weren't gone for long and presumably she was sleeping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now