Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

quick Q about stamps

(6 Posts)
ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Wed 17-Oct-12 19:32:51

I need to post a large letter that weighs 180g, cost 1.20 for 1st class.

All my stamps are bought before the prices went up last time, I just have 1st and 2nd marked ones. And Large letter 1st ones.

Can I just stick 3 x 1st or 2nd class stamps on? Do they count as 50p/60p stamps or will it go wrong because I didn't pay that much for them. I need to post them without trekking to the PO if possible.

lljkk Wed 17-Oct-12 20:04:28

they have the value it would cost you to buy the same today, not what you paid for them before.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Wed 17-Oct-12 20:22:14

Marvellous. So I can stick 3 x 2nd class on and they will get there ok with no nasty extra charges. I know I may slightly overpay but less hassle than going to the PO. Thanks

LineRunner Wed 17-Oct-12 20:48:25

OP, if it's £1.20, then surely you should only need two First Class stamps, as each is worth 60p?

You are easily within the right weight category.

Is it less than 25mm thick, wrapped?

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Wed 17-Oct-12 21:11:14

yep it will definitely go as large letter. Will go for 2 x 1st I am never sure how much stamps are exactly blush I rarely post anything except parcels I have to weigh and pay for at the PO. Because I am too old gimmery to try printing my own.

LineRunner Wed 17-Oct-12 21:27:20

I don't print my own either! I take mine to the Post Office if possible just to get a Proof of Posting for myself, really, in case I ever have to claim for a lost delivery.

Also I don't trust my crap kitchen scales or my home-made large letter slot! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now