Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item described as new without tags

(4 Posts)
ChablisLover Wed 17-Oct-12 17:33:40

Hi

I buy and sell on eBay and have bought a pair of trousers describes as nwot.

They've arrived and are indeed without tags

Only issue is there is a smoke smell off them and even in my bunged up condition I can smell it

They are wool trousers so will need dry cleaned

What would you do?

Thanks

fergoose Wed 17-Oct-12 18:59:29

I would message seller and see what they say - then I guess if no joy open a dispute. Bit grim to send something out in that condition - they should be sent out freshly laundered

LineRunner Wed 17-Oct-12 19:01:53

What packaging did they come in? Grey plastic bags are notorious for having a faint smoke-like smell, and the trousers would only need airing.

Anything else, and the trousers actually really do smell of fag smoke, and I would send the seller a message and give them a chance to try to put things right. 'New' means no defects. You wouldn't expect trousers bought new from a shop to smell of smoke.

If they had been marked as 'used' and the seller didn't specify whether it was a smoke-free home or not, then you would be on shakier ground; but 'new' means 'new' in my book.

ChablisLover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:43:32

Thanks all

Going to message seller and see what she says

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now