Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I am unable to upload photos - and it's not just me

(7 Posts)
LineRunner Wed 17-Oct-12 10:45:08

Just spent the most frustrating few hours failing to list anything because photos won't upload.

I checked the 'Seller Central' community board on ebaY and it seems that lots of people are having the same problem, irrespective of browser type, software and image format, and that it's an ebaY problem. Yet no-one seems to be able to get a response from ebaY.

Anyone else having problems? More to the point, has anyone got any solutions?!

fergoose Wed 17-Oct-12 10:54:46

I read on a thread if you list without a pic you can then go in and add it later and that will work. I think people have had more success with Chrome, but no joy with Firefox or IE.

qo Wed 17-Oct-12 10:56:13

I couldn't add pics on Sunday and did as fergoose suggested - it worked

LineRunner Wed 17-Oct-12 11:14:46

OK, I got a photo uploaded, thanks!

I did an advance listing, then went in and edited it using the Basic option for adding a photo. Got the photo uploaded and changed to 'list immediately'.

A bit of a faff.

I'm using IE, btw.

LonelyLinda Wed 17-Oct-12 18:25:16

Yes problems here too but could upload it easily on my iphone with the ebay app.

ontheedgeofwhatever Thu 18-Oct-12 17:51:06

Not sure if they've fixed this yet but if not, try using the standard form rather than quick sell as for some reason you can still upload on that form. Bit more of a faff but at least it works

Very irritating, spent ages trying to list some stuff last night before finally giving up and trying the other form

LineRunner Thu 18-Oct-12 21:19:22

EbaY says it's fixed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now