Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Postage refund

(13 Posts)
littlemissnormal Tue 16-Oct-12 07:32:49

I just sold some items for the first time on eBay and stupidly put 'perfect condition' in the description rather than 'great conditions' and have been pulled up on this by the seller.

I have agreed to refund her postage but can't work out how to do this! Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

PoohBearsHole Tue 16-Oct-12 11:11:35

Did you get paid via paypal? If so go to her invoice and there should be an option to refund via paypal and you can put in the amount you want to refund (postage) and press send/confirm.

littlemissnormal Tue 16-Oct-12 20:27:44

Thanks, that's where I've been looking but she's made the payment and put it on hold so I have no funds in my PayPal account to be able to refund her!

cerealqueen Tue 16-Oct-12 22:40:28

That is nice of you! I bought something Ebay not as described and when I suggested postage refund she got all sarcastic on me about what I had paid for them!!

Paypal should take from your bank account or you can transfer funds into it?

littlemissnormal Sun 21-Oct-12 14:44:49

I couldn't see the refund option so I got her to transfer the funds then I was able to refund her.

fudge74 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:23:46

little miss - please see my post re question about refunds - afaik the refund you send to your buyer through paypal does not get shown on your 'my ebay' and so ebay calc their fees on the original sale amount. I don't know how to rectify this and so have asked on my post for guidance from the wonderful MN experts. The answer (if I get one) should help you too!

littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 22:29:17

I'll have a look, thank you!

bureni Mon 22-Oct-12 22:34:39

It is up to the buyer to post the items back at their cost not yours , its a common scam used by buyers to buy and try. Best avoid selling clothes on ebay, they are a nightmare item.

littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 22:37:15

Is it really? They've messaged me now saying there's something else wrong with the item I sold them!

bureni Mon 22-Oct-12 22:43:19

Selling clothes is a total nightmare, I sold a full set of motorcycle leathers on ebay which cost £900 new. The leathers were in excellent condition but the seller complained about the size 2 weeks later to which she received a full refund. I got the leathers back and found receipts from the Isle of Man where the buyer had used the leathers for a fortnight during the TT races for free, she stated that they never fitted and could not wear them. Ebay is the buyers friend not the sellers so avoid high risk items like clothing which can and will lead to negative feedback.

littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 22:46:52

What a piss take! I don't think I'll be selling anymore clothes on there, it's been lots of hassle for no benefit!

bureni Mon 22-Oct-12 22:52:18

A seller cannot leave negative feedback about a buyer but a buyer can leave negative for a seller, its a very one sided coin. My advice to you have a seperate buying and selling I.D, that way no-one can see what youre buying or selling. Buyers have all the power which is backed up by the sale of goods act plus stupid ebay rules, clothing is a nightmare considering the number of fake items about so please avoid buying or selling clothing, handbags or footwear on ebay.

littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 22:59:51

Thanks, I'll definitely take your advice on board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now