Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer requesting pickup

(4 Posts)
RollerCola Mon 15-Oct-12 19:51:21

A buyer who has won a dress from me for £1.00 is asking to pick it up to avoid postage. I've said they can, but their work schedule means that they can only come when I'm not in.

They've asked if I'll leave it in a safe place and they'll push the money through the letter box. I'm not bothered about the money (say they don't pay & just take the dress) but not so sure I want them poking about my drive when I'm not in.

Am I being too cautious? I'm already slightly uneasy that I've given my address & told him I won't me in during the day.

fergoose Mon 15-Oct-12 20:00:42

I wouldn't be happy them coming when you are not home - up to you I guess.

oopslateagain Mon 15-Oct-12 20:05:38

No, I wouldn't agree. And I never say "I won't be in", I usually say I'm in and out all day so can't guarantee I'll be there. I'm paranoid about letting strangers know when my house is empty!

RollerCola Mon 15-Oct-12 20:28:30

Thanks, I've told him I'm not comfortable letting him collect (& an kicking myself for giving him my address now)

I've said I'll knock the postage down to bare minimum & post it. If he doesn't want that I'll have to cancel the sale. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now