Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Postage on the invoice different than in the listing

(11 Posts)
DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Mon 15-Oct-12 19:37:28

Ordered two items from the same seller but first put one colour of the item in the basket then continued shopping and put the second item in the basket. Then went to the checkout and requested an invoice from the seller - I wanted to ask if there might be a discount for combined postage and it was the only link on the order page that allowed me to send the seller a message. I obliged to but the items. Then I receive the invoice with a postage that is more than the two P&Ps combined together. We are talking small sums here but hello, I asked about the postage discount and now s/he wants to charge me more for that? I will say Im happy with the postage as advertised but if they refuse, am I obliged to pay more than expected?

fergoose Mon 15-Oct-12 19:39:50

no they can't charge more than on the listing, and tell them if they refuse to combine you will pay each item separately and expect 2 separate parcels as per eBay rules.

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Mon 15-Oct-12 19:47:53

Thanks, I was a lot bit hmm, when I saw it. And then I thought I'd have to pay since I obliged. Will see what they say.

fergoose Mon 15-Oct-12 19:55:21

they can't just add more after as you agreed at a set amount, not for them to add an extra after. How much extra are they asking?

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Mon 15-Oct-12 20:07:59

Silly amount but it comes to 26% more for the postage. Sorry, I know it's unlikely but don't want to out myself.

fergoose Mon 15-Oct-12 20:09:38

no don't expect you to out yourself. So if the seller adds a bit onto every invoice like this and buyers don't notice nice little profit for them isn't it?

I would contact eBay live chat and report the seller if I were you

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Oct-12 20:17:54

Or you could just email the seller and say whoops, ha ha, you've accidentally increased it instead of discounting it, can I have another invoice please?

It might just be an honest mistake.

MrsZoidberg Tue 16-Oct-12 10:30:21

You've just given me a right panic then - I sent an invoice after starting on the wine last night, but phew it's not me grin

I would give her a chance too. One of my items costs more to post 2 of than to send individually. i.e. P&P for 1 is £3.50, but for 2 is £8.30 - as it goes over 1Kg so I can't send 2nd class. I just send individually and then apologise to the buyer for not being able to combine postage. If emailed first for a quote I offer RM with no discount or Collect plus with a discount.

PoohBearsHole Tue 16-Oct-12 11:09:16

I have in the past sent an invoice but not combined the postage correctly and it has come to more than I meant it to. I have to say that combining postage first off can be a bit confusing smile however my buyers contacted me and pointed these things out and I apologised, went back and redid it. It was my error but I was unclear on how it worked grin she may have meant to reduce it by 25% and it has increased by 25%? I would then do as fergoose has suggested smile

lljkk Tue 16-Oct-12 12:21:15

Seller probably just got confused, they're only human, too. Just query it politely.

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Tue 16-Oct-12 20:44:34

I queried it politely. Well, not so much queried as said it was a shame the combined postage was more than two separate ones and that I preferred the cheaper option as I was on a budget. They then replied that it was because they quoted me for 1st class. I never asked for 1st class, I asked for a discount so it was clear i preferred, if poss, to be a bit less than more. confused all good mow, I din't think there was any malice, just one of those things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now