Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not selling as local pick up, should I offer to post?

(9 Posts)
headfairy Sun 14-Oct-12 20:28:00

I've got a brand new baby backpack carrier thingy I really want to sell, I've tried twice no but despite loads of watchers it's not sold. Should I quote for postage? Things I've listed as local pick up rarely sell so perhaps if I offer to post its more likely to sell. It's pretty big but quite light, how much should I quote?

ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 20:31:32

How much does it weigh?

Then look at Royal Mail website and see what they quote.

If its big maybe standard parcels is the way to go but don't quote me on that. smile

The other option is courier like Hermes or collect plus

sarahtigh Sun 14-Oct-12 23:52:15

unless you live in london local pick up is likely to result in no sale, seems to me that it would be fairly easy to put in box ( get wine box or crisp box from a shop) and quote postage, I am surprised how much people are prepared to pay postage, I sell heavy stuff for £3-5 and some are prepared to pay £20 to have it shipped to New zealand, unless you are talkingseriously big like over a metre long and heavier than 20kg I would always quote postage

lljkk Mon 15-Oct-12 08:15:18

I sent a tomy Dreamrider all wrapped up in bin bags once, buyer was quite happy with it, only cost £5 (before recent rises). Depends on the structure of the backpack if it can take light packaging.

qo Mon 15-Oct-12 08:16:02

I'd stick it on gumtree

headfairy Mon 15-Oct-12 15:49:29

sarah I'd need a much bigger box than a wine or crisp box, it's one of those back packs you carry toddlers in. But I get the point about local pickup outside London though. I'm sure you're right.

I was thinking of getting a roll of bubble wrap and wrapping it up in that and then wrapping that up in brown paper.

sarahtigh Tue 16-Oct-12 15:39:21

then put it in a black bin liner rather than brown paper could also use several old newspapers

I meant those really big crisp boxes which hold 40 of those 6 packs they are about 70 x 70 x 70 also can open them out and reshape to what you want

sarahtigh Tue 16-Oct-12 15:40:08

it will be much less than 20kg so should eb able to find courier that will ship for about £10

headfairy Tue 16-Oct-12 16:28:17

Oh thanks for that sarah I will investigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now