Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Unclaimed paypal payment

(13 Posts)
moominliz Sun 14-Oct-12 15:25:47

I won an item a couple of days ago and paid immediately through paypal however its not showing as paid. I checked my paypal account and the money had been transferred but in the status it say unclaimed. I contacted the seller to see if they'd got the money and to make sure the account was correct but I've not heard anything back. I think this is the first item they've sold as all their feedback is as a buyer. What do I do now?

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 14-Oct-12 15:27:43

Cancel the payment - contact seller gain and if no contact in next few days report to eBay and cancel transaction

bureni Sun 14-Oct-12 15:28:30

The problem will lye with the ebay system as the payment will be held for the first 10-20 sales by ebay themselves, dont worry about it.

bureni Sun 14-Oct-12 15:31:16

Do NOT cancel the transaction, this is normal procedure for the first 10-20 sales for anyone on ebay nowadays. The payment is held by ebay until the seller has 10-20 positive sales feedback before payment is released to the seller. The seller must receive positive feedback to have the funds released.

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 14-Oct-12 15:49:45

Ignore menthen didnt know the new rules

fergoose Sun 14-Oct-12 15:51:24

the payment is pending because the seller has put the wrong email address in the listing - it is nothing to do with the 21 day hold on the money. The seller needs to add the wrong email address to their paypal account. You can tell them what that address is by clicking on the order details from eBay. It will probably be a typo or a .co.uk instead of a .com.

moominliz Sun 14-Oct-12 18:52:12

I've contacted them again asking if the email address is correct but do I need to cancel the payment or wait to see what the seller does first?

fergoose Sun 14-Oct-12 19:11:39

no - you don't need to cancel it - you just need to ask them to add the wrong email address to their paypal account, and then they will have the money

Did you copy and paste the email address your money was sent to?

moominliz Sun 14-Oct-12 20:10:06

Yes, I copied and pasted the email address the payment went to and sent it to the seller. Just waiting to hear back from the seller now!

moominliz Fri 19-Oct-12 08:31:31

Back again and its still not sorted!
The seller apologise and said they thought they'd resolved the issue however my payment is still showing as unclaimed. I've contacted the seller again to say its still unclaimed but not heard back.
What can I do now!?

fergoose Fri 19-Oct-12 08:45:50

well nothing, except cancel the payment in paypal and shop elsewhere

moominliz Fri 19-Oct-12 09:02:01

Back again and its still not sorted!
The seller apologise and said they thought they'd resolved the issue however my payment is still showing as unclaimed. I've contacted the seller again to say its still unclaimed but not heard back.
What can I do now!?

moominliz Fri 19-Oct-12 09:03:07

Sorry don't know why that posted twice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now