Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

No Contact from Buyer- what to do?

(8 Posts)
CremeEggThief Sun 14-Oct-12 11:15:36

I have had no contact from a buyer who won an item I was selling on the 2nd October. I sent her a polite message asking if she was still interested on the 11th, but no response. I have had a look at her feedback and it is incredibly mixed, but more negative than positive over the last month. Before that, she comes across as reliable.

Please advise me on next steps. This is the first time this has happened, but I've only been selling since August. Thanks.

fergoose Sun 14-Oct-12 11:35:18

just get your unpaid item case opened, you have waited plenty of time. Then you can get your fees back and relist.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Sun 14-Oct-12 11:36:48

Her user name doesn't begin Ke........ does it?
I've just had a pita buyer! does my head in, why bid if you know you aren't going to pay! grrrr

CremeEggThief Sun 14-Oct-12 17:41:07

It doesn't, Coffee. Must be a few of them about, sadly.

Fergoose, thanks for advice.

Mirage Sun 14-Oct-12 21:11:00

I've had this happen at least once a month recently.My guess is that people who don't have the money to spend any more are bidding on stuff that they have no intention of paying for.They get a kick out of bidding on things but don't have to pay up-the equivalent of window shopping I'd imagine.It is very frustrating.

CremeEggThief Sun 14-Oct-12 21:18:32

How frustrating, Mirage. It's just not on. However, not sure if it's the case here, as the item she won went for plus £2.20 P&P confused.

CremeEggThief Sun 14-Oct-12 21:19:31

Oops! £2.

Mirage Thu 18-Oct-12 21:16:18

I think you are right CremeEggThief.I've just had another one not pay.She actually messaged me on Monday afternoon saying that she wanted the item as a present,so could I post it 1st class on Tues morning to be sure she got it by Thursday?She was willing to pay the extra postage,so I agreed and said providing payment was made,I'd post it on the way to work on Tues morning,1st thing.Has she paid? Has she buggery.It is £1.31 for goodness sake.I've emailed to ask her if she still wants it,and no response.I'm reporting her as a NPB as soon as I can.

It's bloody annoying as I can't relist the item for another 5 days now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now