Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long to wait

(9 Posts)
ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 10:58:48

Hi

I won an auction on Tuesday and paid the same day.

I have yet to receive the item

I sent the seller an email on Friday evening to ask if the item has been posted and if not when will it be

I have yet to receive a reply

Will I try and contact them again?

ThunderboltKid Sun 14-Oct-12 11:00:17

The listing should state their dispatch time and what method of postage they are using.

lljkk Sun 14-Oct-12 11:01:36

Seller may be away for weekend.

On the auction listing itself there should be an estimated date of delivery based on seller's dispatch time and the service seller offered (or that you chose to pay for). So I say 3 days dispatch time after payment, and I send by 2nd class typically so that's estimated 3-6 business days to arrive, or up to 8 days if you allow for weekend.

If seller said 1 day dispatch & sent first class or 24 hour service then you are right to expect item by now. Gotta check what you paid for.

ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 11:02:51

It says within 3 business days and 2n class

But not to reply to an email I find is wrong.

I always check when I have listed things and try to answer ASAP when I can't prelude immediately I say so and get back to them later

ThunderboltKid Sun 14-Oct-12 11:27:23

They may be away or have other things on. I think you've answered your own question really - given the details of the listing you need to wait longer

fergoose Sun 14-Oct-12 11:37:27

I think you should wait for a reply from their email, I normally allow 48 hours for a reply, then of course it is the weekend too. I normally email a seller a week after payment if there has been no item or contact - some sellers don't mark the item as dispatched.

If you paid on Tues then 3 working days if Friday - so you would expect item posted then, and if 2nd class it would probably arrive Tues or Weds this week?

lljkk Sun 14-Oct-12 11:39:45

I think that's the difference between business & private sellers. Business sellers yes I'd expect them to find a way to check & respond to emails daily. Private sellers I expect to have a life. Ebay Corp. treats the 2 categories rather differently as a result of their expected levels of service.

Bargains are usually with the private sellers, but trade off is you get lower levels of customer service.

ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 21:25:25

Thanks all

I think it's just me I try and get things away ASAP and respond quickly

Will wait a while longer then

But I really really what them ( stamps feet like a spoilt child icon!)

Thanks once again

sarahtigh Sun 14-Oct-12 23:46:13

if you paid tuesday evening three working days for dispatch is friday, 2nd class delivers 90% within 3 working days ie wednesday, you can not open a not received dispute to the day after the last expected delivery date, if you go to purchase history ebay will have expected delivery based on sellers info of 3 day dispatch and it will say delivery between 17th-19th october economy delivery then earliest you can start ebay claim is 20th

if private seller you are expected to allow 48 hours for reply for business seller wouuld expect reply within 24 hours excluding weekends and holidays
even with business seller an email on friday evening may not get reply till monday morning ( business sellers have a life too) but ebay does expect better service from business sellers they are expected to dispatch within 48 hours

I make it plain on listing that any item paid for after 8am on friday will not be posted till monday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now