Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item received has a hole :( what to do...

(11 Posts)
ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 11:26:21

I am a regular reader of this thread but have never posted here before. Just received an item (bought "as new"). Looked fine. Left + feedback. Was about to put it in the wash and discovered a small but visible hole. Checked posting (no mention of hole, hole not visible on photo). Emailed seller to say I want to return. What do I do next? Listing says "no returns". Feel like a fool for leaving positive feedback before properly checking sad
Thank you in advance.

Tincletoes Sat 13-Oct-12 11:34:27

How much did you pay? Is the hole in a prominent place? Is it fixable?

ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 11:38:41

Not much (2.20 + 2.50P&P). Actual postage was 68p though. The hole is right at the front, under a stitch. Visible if worn (not so much when item is folded).

straighttohellymelly Sat 13-Oct-12 11:41:42

Is it knitted? So will the hole be easy to mend? (tiny moth holes can often be mended so they hardly show, depends on where it is). It is annoying, but as the item was so cheap, if you like it why not sew the hole up? Chances are the seller hadn't noticed it.

fergoose Sat 13-Oct-12 11:41:49

no returns means nothing - if seller is unco-operative you can open a not as described case - if you tick the box marked other and write in next to it 'refund' you will probably get a no fault refund from eBay without the need for the cost of a return.

ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 11:43:53

Sorry. Forgot to say that it will be difficult to fix in a discreet way.

ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 11:48:22

Many thanks fergoose. I will do that if s/he does not reply/co-operate.
The material is jersey like so not knitted. Plus my skills as a seamstress are severely challenged at best of times. Thank you all. Will post developments as soon as there are any.

fergoose Sat 13-Oct-12 11:50:39

and jersey is quite difficult to repair too

why do all jersey tops end up with holes at the front anyway - is bizarre.

ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 17:19:56

Little update: no response from seller so far to my email of this morning telling them about the hole and requesting return address. Will give them until Monday and follow fergoose's advice if they are not co-operating.

lljkk Sat 13-Oct-12 22:02:02

It's the weekend & lots of people are away on the weekends.
It sounds like it could have been easily missed by the seller.

ekat Sat 13-Oct-12 22:58:13

Further update: have heard from the seller, who apologised and agreed to accept back/refund when received smile Looks like the dispute option will not be needed. Will be sending it back on Monday. Thank you all for your advice and handholding. Much appreciated! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now