Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Unfair negative feedback

(9 Posts)
Ifancyanewname Fri 12-Oct-12 10:47:22

Argh, ebay wont remove some unfair negative feedback. I had some things stolen that had been listed and now the buyer has put a neg saying "told me items had been stolen when they'd been sold privately. AVOID"
what a complete nobber, as if its not bad enough I've lost out by having it nicked I've now got a neg for it.
And ebay wont remove it even though they can look at my messages and see I havent arranged to sell it to anyone else. Its so unfair!

tutu100 Fri 12-Oct-12 10:51:21

I read your other thread asking what to do about them being stolen. I would just reply to the feedback saying. Sorry for the disappointment sadly items were stolen from my car.

If I were reading that on your feedback it won't stop me from bidding on your items. I sympathise though on how annoying it is when you feel you have been given unfair feedback. Sadly some people you just can't please.

YouSmegHead Sat 13-Oct-12 09:44:02

I don't understand why they won't remove it, if it's untruthful it should be removed.

fergoose Sat 13-Oct-12 09:55:47

yes but how do eBay know it is untruthful. Sadly if the feedback doesn't break the rules eBay won't remove it. All you can do is leave a calm and polite follow up.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 13-Oct-12 10:03:02

Did you get a crime number? Could you email it to eBay as "proof"? Or post in your response that you have a crime number if any future buyers want verification? Might shame the poster for doubting you!

fergoose Sat 13-Oct-12 10:44:18

If you make reference to police or a case in feedback it will be removed won't it?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 13-Oct-12 11:16:46

Would it? I don't mean post the crime number, just mention you have one or ideally ask eBay to intervene with that proof?

fergoose Sat 13-Oct-12 11:17:54

I know if you refer to police or a case they will remove it - but I still don't think eBay would remove it with proof, would be happy to be wrong though!

Ifancyanewname Sun 14-Oct-12 16:23:08

I didn't inform the police about it, I only realised when I came to post it that it had gone missing. I'd put some stuff in my boot and some stuff in the back seat and the one door doesnt lock properly. So I went to the car boot sale and didn't notice that stuff had been taken out the back, its only when I came to post it I realised that it was gone and I remember saying to my mother that I'd accidentally left the door unlocked.
Would it be too late to report it do you think?
According to ebay if they arent using feedback as manipulation or using racist, vulgar, obscene or profane language they can say what ever they would like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now