Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Feedback...

(10 Posts)
impty Thu 11-Oct-12 14:40:24

Hi,
Having a clear out so lots of stuff on eBay at the moment. Haven't really done ebay very often before.
I've noticed buyers don't always leave feed back. This doesn't worry me I guess they'll be in touch if there is a problem. I always leave my buyers feedback though, usually when i receive payment. I have been told not to do this in case there is a problem later. What do you all recommend?

ByTheWay1 Thu 11-Oct-12 14:42:28

I do not leave feedback until the buyer leaves theirs.....

it is generally ebay etiquette to leave feedback once you receive the item.

fergoose Thu 11-Oct-12 15:30:47

there are no rules - if you want to leave it immediately you can, there is no point waiting to see what they leave first anyway, as you can't leave a neg for a buyer any more.

Lots of people never leave any feedback - either when buying or selling, it is voluntary after all

ladydayblues Thu 11-Oct-12 15:42:11

As a Seller I dont leave feedback until the Buyer leaves feedback. This actually lets me know that they have received the item. Once, in the early days, in error I left feedback first and low and behold the Buyer complained that the item wasnt what I had described. I went to the Ebay community board asked the members to look at my description and told them what the buyer had said. They all came back saying it was adequately described (used in at least 3 places) and all warned me never to leave feedback before the Buyer.

My OH never leaves any feedback because he is far too lazy.

LineRunner Thu 11-Oct-12 16:42:22

What ladydayblues said!

impty Thu 11-Oct-12 16:55:54

Ok lesson learnt.. Will hold off in future. Thank you all.

LineRunner Thu 11-Oct-12 17:42:31

Having said that, I do put feedback up first as a seller when it's a cash-on-collection.

I have to mark 'dispatch' and 'paid' anyway, so it seems sensible to write the feedback as well and say 'Thanks for collecting the item so quickly and for your payment after inspection' or something like that.

ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 12-Oct-12 09:06:42

Just came here to ask exactly the same question grin. I will await feedback from my buyer then.

I assume if I hear nothing everything is alright?

sarahtigh Fri 12-Oct-12 15:00:36

sometimes as seller for low value unbreakable items i leave feedback first but mostly I wait until they have received and left feedback

sarahtigh Fri 12-Oct-12 15:01:34

you can not leave negative for buyer but you can damn with faint praise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now