Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

This is worth knowing about if you're on benefits and selling on ebay

(8 Posts)
ontheedgeofwhatever Wed 10-Oct-12 11:18:15

36 stamps at last years prices

I hope that's helpful to someone

SkiLift Wed 10-Oct-12 11:21:11

I am rather surpirsed that it is only people on benefits that can get some cheap stamps. What about poor people who are not?
I don't think that is right. And not benefit bashing either. If they can sell stamps at last years prices, then why not have a 'month' or something where we can all get a bargain.

dizzyday07 Wed 10-Oct-12 12:07:46

I have had a leaflet through the door this morning from RM about it!

You have to be getting Pension Credit, ESA or Incapacity Benefit.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Wed 10-Oct-12 13:46:32

Charming I'm sure.
What about those (like me) who are on a wage that just about pays the mortgage and bills.
Pisses me the fuck off!

ontheedgeofwhatever Wed 10-Oct-12 13:57:55

Can I just point out that I'm not entitled to cheap stamps either? I just saw this and thought it may be helpful to some people to be aware of it.

The grass is always greener isn't it? hmm I'm glad I don't need incapacity or ESA and I'm glad I'm not old and poor (yet)

Accept I should have made the title of the thread clearer sorry about that

SkiLift Wed 10-Oct-12 14:53:19

OP - there are plenty of poor people who cannot claim anything. Plenty. Those who just manage to pay all the bills and have sod all left. I think this is where it is wrong. The disposable income varies greatly. Vast amounts of people not on benefits are left without a pot to piss in once the mortage/rent/food etc goes out, and would be nice for the post office, if they can spend the money to print a glossy leaflet for every household in the land, they could reduced the price of the bloody stamps in the first place, For everyone.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Wed 10-Oct-12 15:06:08

Wasn't a bitch to you OP, just a general moan about how those on benefits (who can't be arsed to work) get a better deal than those who work there arse off & get sweets fa for it!

Totally agree with SKI!!

OddBoots Wed 10-Oct-12 15:11:28

A maximum saving of £5.04 - a well intended gesture but it is likely to become another cheap stick with which to metaphorically bash those on benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now