Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What to do if you suspect something might be a fake

(4 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Wed 10-Oct-12 09:55:42

I usually buy my perfume, Chanel coco mademoiselle, from the high st. Therefore I know it is genuine. However, now it is so bloody expensive, I thought I'd be a cheapskate cut costs by getting it on eBay.
Arrived within two days of payment. Opened the genuine looking box and packaging, took the lid off and it broke in my hand!! So then started the suspicions. It smells very very similar but there's something about it that doesn't smell quite right.
I've compared the bottle to an empty bottle I already had and there is one difference on the bottom amongst the serial numbers etc. however it might mean nothing.
This morning, I had an email from another customer of the seller, asking is my perfume was genuine as hers certainly was not.
What do I do?!

fergoose Wed 10-Oct-12 10:22:00

open a not as described dispute via eBay

Have you messaged the seller - if not do so now

phantomhairpuller Wed 10-Oct-12 12:13:27

Yes, have contacted the seller. Surprise surprise, all I got back was "I can assure you the item is genuine" angry
Am going to contact eBay

fergoose Wed 10-Oct-12 12:16:33

I would tell the seller you will be talking to trading standards - are they a business seller and what is the rest of their feedback like?

I would contact consumer direct and tell the other buyer to do the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now