Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Refund of postage when returning item - WWYD

(12 Posts)
JamNan Tue 09-Oct-12 12:55:38

I bought some fabric described as silk and 'used'. What arrived was a nasty piece of acetate that had been made up as a tablecloth and that I would think twice about sending to a charity shop. Have opened a case and seller has agreed to refund me plus half of postage but refused to refund the cost of sending the item back. I am nearly £5 out of pocket. There's nothing I can do is there? angry

Seller has given me good feedback but I feel inclined to offer negative or neutral and say why. Fabric was to make things for a charity. WWYD?

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 13:21:15

they can't keep half the postage, they have to give you all of your money back, and eBay will enforce this. Sadly they cannot make the seller pay your return costs too

I would leave a neg and 1 star throughout - what a terrible seller.

JamNan Tue 09-Oct-12 14:07:24

Thank you fergoose, that is very helpful.
I have contacted eBay. I'll let you know the outcome.

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 15:06:50

you will need to escalate it when the option is there, then customer support will tell you what to do next.

JamNan Tue 09-Oct-12 16:03:12

Thanks for the info fergoose. I am waiting for the item to be redelivered and see what her response will be then escalate it to eBay.

What is it with these people? It is sooo time-wasting. She has batted it back and forth all day arguing over a few pence. Adamant that she will only pay half of her postage cost to me and droning on about posting it back. I really can't be bothered anymore - she's gonna a get a BIG FAT negative from moi.

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 16:10:16

and if you want low stars to count mark them as 1 or 2 - leaving them blank doesn't count as a bad mark, if that makes sense.

Sellers like that will get very indignant if you dare leave a neg - it is as if they are doing a favour selling to you, and you have to be grateful even if the item is not as described, broken, filthy, wrong, stinking of smoke, etc.

JamNan Tue 09-Oct-12 16:36:30

I've just left her a BIG BAD negative. I looked at her feedback too - she has a bit of form for poor descriptions and not refunding postage.

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 16:52:05

good for you - what did you say.

JamNan Tue 09-Oct-12 17:21:34

'Rcvd nasty acetate tablecloth. Total junk! Seller won't refund full P&P costs'

Hmm... sounds a bit like Twitter doesn't it?
Anyway, she's all gone quiet now and there is no point in spending another half hour on her.

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 17:26:33

no I agree - just ignore her now and escalate when you are able

JamNan Thu 18-Oct-12 09:17:26

Escalated the case and today I received full refund via eBay, although I didn't get the return postage back. Thanks for your help fergoose.

fergoose Thu 18-Oct-12 11:57:34

very welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now